- Mark Kelly and Joe Biden railed against tax cuts that kept more money in the pockets of hardworking Arizonans.
- Last year on Tax Day, Mark Kelly criticized the 2017 federal tax cut by saying, “Middle class Arizonans are realizing that this massive tax bill wasn’t written for them, and that most of the benefits are going to the wealthy and big corporations.” (Mark Kelly Press Release)
- Joe Biden admitted: “If you elect me, your taxes are gonna be raised not cut.”(Americans for Tax Reform)
- Because of the Tax Cuts And Jobs Act, middle-class taxpayers in Arizona saved an average of $1,354. (Tax Foundation)
- “A single mom with two kids making $53,600 would now owe no federal income taxes — previously, she would have owed $2,060.” (Tucson Daily Star)
- 168 Arizona communities were designated as opportunity zones in the TCJA. (Community Development Financial Institutions Fund)
- Kelly’s World View Enterprises is incorporated in Delaware, a known tax haven. (Real Clear Politics)
By: Caroline Anderegg