PHOENIX – Today, the McSally for Senate campaign released a new digital ad highlighting Mark Kelly and his fellow Democrats’ plan to vote for tax increases that would cripple Arizona small businesses and families. According to independent organizations, the Democrats’ tax plan would raise taxes on Arizona families by $2,300 a year and amount to the largest tax increase in American history.
“A vote for Mark Kelly is a vote to take more money out of Arizonans’ pockets. His tax increases would be disastrous for all Arizonans and cripple healthy economic growth, and his plan for a total government takeover of health care would lead to more bureaucratic red tape, higher costs, and worse care. Martha McSally has been a champion for Arizonans by putting $2,000 back in their pockets, helping employers create more jobs, and advocating a smarter plan of action that gives Arizonans the choices they want for their health and the affordability and quality of care they deserve.” – Caroline Anderegg, McSally for Senate spokeswoman
“Liberal Mark Kelly supports a government takeover of health care that would raise taxes on Arizona families by twenty-three hundred dollars a year.
But Kelly won’t stop there. He’ll vote for the largest tax increase in American history.
Mark Kelly is too liberal for Arizona.
Martha McSally cut middle-class taxes, saving families two thousand dollars a year.
Lower taxes. More jobs. Martha McSally fights for us.”
- “Liberal Mark Kelly supports a government takeover of health care.” (Politico, 8/25/19)
- “Kelly would raise your taxes by $2,300 a year.” (Hoover Institution, 1/24/20)
- Even though Mark can’t or won’t say how he’d pay for his plan, the Hoover Institution writes that the 4.8% payroll tax to pay for the “public option” would raise the average Americans’ taxes by $2,389.
- “Kelly will vote for the largest tax increase in American history.” (National Review, 7/9/20)
- A CNBC reporter put the cost of Biden’s tax plan at $4 trillion, far dwarfing Hillary Clinton’s $1.5 trillion proposal just 4 years ago.