PHOENIX – Today, the McSally for Senate campaign released a new ad that exposes Mark Kelly’s lies and scare tactics on health coverage for pre-existing conditions. The ad features Senator McSally speaking directly to voters about the Democrats’ shameful smears, why she voted to repeal Obamacare, her commitment to protecting Arizonans with pre-existing conditions, and her record of defending the vulnerable.
Senator Martha McSally: “I’m Martha McSally, and you deserve the truth.
I’ve always supported protecting anyone with a pre-existing condition, and I always will.
Mark Kelly knows that.
He knows I opposed Obamacare because it raised taxes and took coverage away from Arizonans.
But he’s using that Obamacare vote to scare you about pre-existing conditions.
That’s no surprise, coming from Mark Kelly.
I approve this message because I’ve dedicated my life to standing up to the powerful and defending the vulnerable.”
- Senator McSally fought to include protections for pre-existing conditions and to designate coronavirus as a protected pre-existing condition in recent targeted COVID relief package. (S.178)
- Senator McSally introduced and voted for a bill that would ensure protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions. (S.1125)
- In March, Senator McSally introduced a bill to lower the price of prescription drugs for Arizona’s seniors and families. (S.3384)
- Senator McSally introduced legislation to allow small businesses to band together to provide lower health insurance costs to employees. (S. 1170)
- Senator McSally cosponsored the bipartisan STOP Surprise Medical Bills Act, which would end surprise medical billing and protect patients from surprise medical bills. (S.1531)
- While serving in the House, Senator McSally championed the Small Business Health Fairness Act to expand coverage and lower costs for working families. (H.R. 1101)